Dear Valued Customer,
The office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) has announced their plan to begin imposing Section 301 tariffs on US imports from six countries. Beginning November 29, CBP will begin collecting duty on certain products imported from Austria, India, Italy, Spain, Turkey, and the United Kingdom.
Specific products and categories for each country can be found using the links below:
· Austria: Glassware and Optical Goods
· India: Shrimp, Basmati Rice, Bamboo Goods, Cork Products, Cigarette Paper, Jewelry, Pearls, Precious/Semiprecious Stones, and Various Furniture Items
· Italy: Caviar, Perfumes, Handbags, Apparel, Footwear, and Eyeglass Lenses
· Spain: Shrimp, Octopus, Handbags, Belts, Footwear, Hats, and Glassware
· Turkey: Carpets, Linen, Building Stones, Porcelain and Ceramic Articles, and Jewelry
· United Kingdom: Apparel, Footwear, Ceramic Goods, Jewelry, Refrigerator Products, Furniture, Toys, and Games
In an effort to ensure that your products are being properly classified and to avoid possibly incurring any additional financial surprises, especially at a time when costs are high, we are recommending that all our clients importing goods from these countries work with a customs brokerage expert.
Please contact your customs brokerage representative if you have any questions regarding this update or wish to learn more about how OEC can help with you brokerage needs.